Friday, June 19, 2009

method profiles - danny seo

method profile wha? Yeah, yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it? But you know, it's sort of like that weird friend that loves hanging out with you, but uhm, disappears for months and months at a time and you wonder what you've done to warrant their secret dislike, and then suddenly they'll give you a call and yay! it's all happiness, fun and rainbows! (Well, until they disappear for six more months, and the cycle starts all over. But hey, let's forget about that, and just focus on the fun "they're back!" times! Ok? ok. Wait, I think I might be that friend... I think I need a moment... gotta make some phone calls...)

Today's spankin' new method profile comes to us from Danny Seo! Eh, you might have read something about him recently here on method lust. Maybe sorta something about him coming to some town, near me, method spree? Oh, really, who can remember these things, anyway? Right? Well, did you know he's been with method for three years! You did? Well, pretend you didn't anyway, and read on!

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Danny Seo, Method’s Co-Conspirator.

2+ What was your first method lust?
I know everyone is introduced to Method through handwash, but I was obsessed with their cucumber dish soap. I was so obsessed about it, I even named it one of my top favorite things in a USA Today story.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
I was an editor at Organic Style magazine when I kept mentioning them at meetings. Finally, someone said I should just go work for them. When Organic Style folded (sob), I reached out to Method and we agreed to partner together in a really fun and unusual way. I help spread the Method cheer far and wide and you’ll often see me on talk shows or in magazine stories not just explaining our products, but also easy tips on going green in general. There’s a real mission-driven sense at Method: we’re not just interested in making really green, really great products, but we really want you to be as eco-friendly as possible, too, in your everyday life.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
I’ve been partners with Method for about three years now. Wow! Time goes fast! I probably work closest with our brand publicity team and get to do fun things ranging from producing a kid’s eco birthday party for Parents Magazine to waking up at 5AM on a Saturday to do a “how to clean green” segment for CBS. OK, maybe it’s not fun waking up at 5AM...

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
That’s a hard question, but I would say it’s always been my mission to give people really good, really helpful how-to information that solves their problems. So I write books, keep a daily blog, design products, answer emails/Twitters and write newspaper and magazine columns answering questions. However you want to get your information, I’m trying to provide it across several platforms. I just try out new ideas all the time and share my results.

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
My parents. Goodbye flaming red Tide bottles.

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
Even though I HEART the cucumber dish soap, I am totally a Go Naked person. I’ve been searching for a fragrance-free laundry soap for so long and can’t live without my Go Naked product. I like my clothes smelling like nothing at all.

Thanks so much, Danny! And be sure to check out his blog over at Daily Danny, for lots of great eco news and tips!

Oh and hey, method employees, would you like your very own method profile? Come on, you know you want one! If so, drop me an email and I'll let you know all about it!

+

And don't think I've forgotten you method lust readers! How would you like to be the next method lust advocate spotlight? You can! It's easy! So freakin' easy! Like, chimpanzee easy! And you know you don't want a chimpanzee getting the better of you, now do you? No, you don't. Uh-uh. So here are all the details!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails