Thursday, June 26, 2008

method profiles - rachel goldberg

See, I told ya' I'd be back! Here I am! What, you were enjoying the time alone? Really, but I'm all smiles and giggles and you know you really do like me, even if you tell all your friends you don't; cause I'm so 2007, and you're all hip and oh 2008. I know, I KNOW. Let's just keep it between us, 'k? A little wink wink, nudge nudge and I'll know, you like me. You really like me! But I bet you like method profiles! even more, right?

Today we got Rachel Goldberg! Check her out!

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Rachel. Luckily, I haven’t done anything embarrassing enough to earn a nickname yet!

2+ What was your first method lust?
Definitely the Sweet Water hand soap. Gosh that stuff is like crack. When I first starting using it, I would come out of the bathroom sniffing my hands, which just doesn’t look good or sanitary.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
I absolutely LOVE the brand, and method is pretty well-known in the SF Bay Area as one of the coolest places to work. I found the job posting at 11 pm on a Sunday night after returning from a ski weekend. I stayed up until 2 am updating my resume and e-mailing the hiring team here. I get to work with amazing, smart, funny, creative and interesting people every day. Oh, and they sure like to party here…no shortage of method happy hours. Has anyone else mentioned the nonstop flow of snacks at method? There’s a chocolate drawer in the kitchen….I digress.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
I am the Squire of Scoop. I started with method in April, so I’ve been here just over 2 months working on the PR team. My job is super fun – I get to spread the good word about method to the media, who then spread the word to everyone else. Since I’ve been here, we’ve seen method on Ellen, Oprah, Today Show, Good Morning America, and in Family Circle, Glamour, Wall Street Journal, Women’s Health…..the list goes on and on and on. Editors love method for its cool design, amazing products and awesome eco-mission.

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
I have started composting my kitchen scraps at home, and I am offsetting my airline travel (www.TerraPass.com). I carry my Plastic Bag Rehab tote everywhere and refuse to take plastic bags. Also, I gave up my car and use public transit or walk.

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
Basically everyone I know! I’ve got them all hooked. Especially my Dad, who has purchased enough method hand soap to last a lifetime. I’ve also got all my new-mom friends using the methodbaby and methodkid products at bath time. My 1-year-old niece likes getting a massage with the methodbaby rice milk + mallow lotion.

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
I gotta go off the list here and say Sweet Water. It’s my core method scent. And Sweet Water also happens to be a lovely brewer of beer in the Southeast, where I’m from.

Thanks you Rachel! A chocolate drawer? Oh I am so there! Save me a piece!

Check back Wednesdays (when Nathan isn't slack!) for the next method profile! And be sure to catch up on previous method profiles by selecting from the sidebar list!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails