Thursday, April 24, 2008

method profiles - danny alexander

My my my, it's method profiles! This here is where we get the chance to learn a little bit about "who makes the method world go 'round!" Look for this special feature on.. oh you should know by now! (Shh, Tuesdays and Thursdays.)

It's Danny Alexander day! Yay! Why am I so happy cause it's Danny Alexander day? Well, honestly, I don't know. But Yay! So on we go, to Danny Alexander day! (Danny, you do realize you're hereby authorized to make April 24 of every year Danny Alexander day, right? Yeah, I'm giving you governmental approval, cause I just roll that way! Ok? Ok! Oh-k...

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Danny Alexander. Shapeshifter is my job title, but I don’t know if that counts as a nickname.

2+ What was your first method lust?
As I’m sure is the case with many advocates, the method handsoap was my gateway product. The design is timeless.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
I had been designing environmentally friendly furniture in New York, but wanted to work on a larger scale. I wanted to help bring good, sustainable design to the masses. Method’s vision (and products, of course) inspired me, and I wanted to get involved.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
My title is Shapeshifter, which is method-speak for Industrial Designer. I’ve been here for a little over a year, which, believe it or not, is a long time at method.

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
I ride my bike to work. I recycle and compost religiously. I’ve signed method up for a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program and I am personally a member of one as well. I try to live my life as sustainably as possible.

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
They’re probably not the last people, since I converted them over a year ago, but my parents now probably account for a significant share of method’s sales. When they first saw the Lil Bowl Blu that I helped design, they bought as many as possible, and, according to my mom she brought one in her purse everywhere she went, showing it off to all her friends. How embarrassing.

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
Go Naked.

Ok, I will! Yay! (Thanks Danny! We love the new lil' bowl blu and think you're mom seriously rocks!)

Check back on Tuesday for the next method profile!

Our previous method profiles:
Drummond Lawson
Sangita Forth
Colleen Reilly

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails