Tuesday, May 20, 2008

method profiles - felicia benefield

Welcome to another episode of method profiles! Previously, Yvonne Roth revealed her secret lust for french lavender, and her torrid love affair with Brock! Gasp! Ok, no wait, it was just the lust for french lavender. I made the Brock part up. And now, today on method profiles...

Felicia Benefield reveals her secret habit of digging in the trash! (Don't you just love that photo! My, oh my! Felicia apparently loves her beer and method!) And she's got a lot to say, so on we go!

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Felicia Benefield. Miss Benefield if you’re nasty…which you probably aren’t because you use method. My method nickname is Felicity, and it was accidentally given to me from one of one of our advocates (looooooong story).

2+ What was your first method lust?
My first method lust was walking past the pop-up shop in San Francisco about four or five years ago. While waiting for the 38 Geary (a notoriously dirty bus here in San Francisco), I found myself pacing in front of a store. The store was lined with rows and rows of stylish cleaning products. It was the first time I had ever seen an entire wall of laundry detergent outside of a supermarket and I was pretty overwhelmed. I remember thinking I’d come back when I was better dressed, and by the time that happened it was gone.

The next time I saw them was at Target, so I bought some pink grapefruit cleaning wipes. I was so immediately drawn to the clean lines and the good price that I didn’t even notice that they were biodegradable. Well, needless to say, when I saw that phrase I was hooked and I’ve been lusting ever since.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
I saw the ad for this job at Craigslist.org. I applied a year ago and I’ve been here ever since. Some of the method folks and I celebrated my one-year anniversary with bowling and beer. I love this job.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
My title is Pulse of the People. I know…it’s a little grandiose, right? I’m an advocacy response coordinator working with The Great Sarah, and I’m taking suggestions for a new title.

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
I’m not a green as some here, but I do believe even the small things can make a difference. I’m lucky that I live in a city where I don’t need a car, so I don’t have one. I recycle and have gotten my friends to do the same. I’m about 50/50 on refusing plastic bags, but before I got my “Plastic Bag Rehab” tote I never even thought about it. I use my refillable SIGG bottle and take it everywhere I think I might be inclined to buy a plastic bottle of water. I might be the only person in the office who knows where to put their trash in the complicated recycling/composting/worm bin/trash situation we’ve got set up. I try to teach visitors how to use it and sometimes (this is the gross one) I go through the composting bin when no one’s looking to get the stuff that doesn’t belong there. Gross right? Eh. I’m just doing my part until the others (and you know who you are) figure the system out.

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
My mom. She now loves to call me and tell me she saw method somewhere. It’s pretty cute.

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
Pink Grapefruit, definitely!

Thanks Felicia! Bowling and beer too, eh? What's with all the beer? I'm thinking if Felicia were in charge of fragrance at method, we'd have a special edition beer soy candle out soon! Hmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea... (I think I'll stick with my red wine, though.)

Ok lusters check back Tuesday and Thursdays for the next method profile! And be sure to catch up on previous method profiles by selecting from the sidebar list! (Psst! Over there, to your right.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails