Thursday, May 22, 2008

method profiles - joe woerner

Here we are, time once again for method profiles! Time flies, now doesn't it. I mean, seriously. It's already Thursday? What the crap?! (It's a good thing, mind you, but uh, what happened to the rest of the week? Or for that matter, the last fifteen years of my life? Oh, but back on subject...)

Today we got Joe Woerner! Joe thought he'd be cute and send in a photo of himself during a method dodgeball game! Yes, you read right. These guys play dodgeball, and Wii, and ping pong! Really, where can I sign up!? I bet you'd like to know more about Joe. (And even if you don't, too bad, cause you're gonna!) PS - Joe, your picture's grainy. I can only do so much with my amazing design skills, ya know?

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Joe Woerner, no method nicknames that I am aware of. Have you heard something I haven’t?

2+ What was your first method lust?
Mango Mint Body Wash and now it is our new flat pack, eco-friendly, cleaning wipes – Pink Grapefruit or Wood for Good. I use them everywhere on almost everything.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
The opportunity to help build out a department at a company where I really could get behind the vision and the products. It is also a chance for me to become more eco-conscience in my life and to help spread the word.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
“supermarket strategist” in the customer marketing department under the sales group. We help make it happen at retail by assisting our sales team in getting items into new accounts and developing programs with our retail partners to increase product sales and distribution. The customer marketing function also participates cross functionally with most groups within the organization as a key communication point to sales and our customers (retailers). I’ve been with method about 15 months.

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
The biggest thing I am currently doing is really a bunch of small things:
+ Using canvas bags and my method give greener bag when shopping
+ Using public transit and walking wherever possible
+ Eliminating bottle water from the fridge and frequency that used to be
+ Planting trees by donating to organizations that help reforest areas devastated by fire, and in general

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
The last person I turned on to method was a friend of 25 years that I attended college with.

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
Definitely fruity, Pink Grapefruit rocks!!!

Thanks Joe! I'm using mango mint body wash in my shower right now! (Thanks to you know who you are!) But it's not the same bottle of mango mint body wash that Joe is using, cause well, that would be weird. And I'm not actually using it RIGHT now, cause I'm typing this on my computer, and well, computers and showers don't mix well. Something about electrical shock and such. And uh, ok, anyway...

Check back Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next method profile! And be sure to catch up on all the previous method profile fun by selecting from the sidebar list! (Psst! Over there, to your right.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails