Thursday, April 17, 2008

method profiles - sangita forth

It's our next method profiles; where we get the chance to learn a little bit about "who makes the method world go 'round!" Look for this special feature on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Our second participant is Sangita Forth! We've just heard her name rather recently, in a wonderful Q&A session discussing the new baby + kids personal care line, Squeaky Green (where she was mentioned as method's new Baby + Kid Brand Director!) But what's that, you want to know more? Of course you do! So without further ado, let's learn more about Sangita Forth!

1+ Your name, please? And do you have a nickname at method?
Sangita.

2+ What was your first method lust?
It was 2004 and I was shopping for a hand soap in Duane Reade in NYC. I came across method’s green tea hand soap and fell in love with it. Loved the simple design, bring color and fragrance. It was super disruptive for the category.

3+ What brought you to method, the company? (How did you become interested in a career with method?)
After discovering method in NYC and after deciding to move back to SF, method was the first company on my list. I was so excited to work for a company that was small and had such passion to make an impact in the categories that they compete in and for the environment. I knew it was the place for me after I visiting their offices and getting a true feel for the culture and the people.

4+ What is your title/dept. at method, and what is it you do there? How long have you been with method?
I have been at method for almost 3.5 years and have loved every minute of it. I am in the marketing group (Category Champion).

5+ What is the biggest thing you are currently doing, besides using method products, to help out the environment?
My resolution for 2008 is to compost all of my food waste and use it as fertilizer in our backyard. We are super anal about recycling everything and and are conscientious about only buying products in packaging that is recyclable.

6+ Who's the last person you've turned onto method?
My mom… believe it or not, I couldn’t break her addiction to using bleach and other toxic cleaners. In the past year, she has become so much more conscientious about the chemicals that she is bringing into her home. She is a full method convert now!

7+ Which one best describes you as a person? Pink Grapefruit, French Lavender, Cucumber, or Go Naked?
Hmmm... I would say Pink Grapefruit only because people would describe me as having a bright, bubbly personality and being a bit sassy too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions, Sangita! (See how I didn't torment you like I did poor Drummond! It's a low torment kind of day, what can I say? Lucky for you, lucky for you!)

Check back on Tuesday for the next method profile!

Our previous method profiles:
Drummond Lawson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sangita is a hottie. How do meet her?

Related Posts with Thumbnails