Thursday, August 6, 2009

holiday body

So I'm sitting here thinking about the holidays... Wha? The holidays, you ask? Uh, did you know it's a mere 140 days til Christmas?! And did you also know, I saw Halloween decorations at TJ Maxx the other day. Let me repeat that slowly. H.A.L.L.O.W.E.E.N. decorations. Car-azy, I tell ya!

AND, whew, (ok, so I usually try really, really hard to be all green and eco-shiny, but on rare occasion some bad little thing will perk my curiousity, and I'll snatch it up. And in this case...) I took a quick trip into Old Navy the other day, and what did I find but their body care (they have body care?! Yeah, they did... but...) was being discontinued! Candles, lotions, body wash, etc! And I picked myself up some oh so mighty MMM smelling golden pear body wash (for $2.99!) I mean, MMM! It smells like you just rolled around in ripe pears! Without the peary mess all over you afterwards! Win, win I say! This lead me to method's holiday spiced pear scent (an all-time favorite of mine!)...

Which then got me to thinking! What would happen to the world if method added a small body section to their holiday fares! Holy crapola, the world would extra rock! Body wash, people! I mean, we already have hand wash! They used to do holiday lotion! Is it such a giant leap? Would you lust washing in frosted fir? Or hollyberry? Or (dare I say it, I'm not a fan of this fragrance, but I know so very many people that are!) peppermint vanilla? Or even better, some new fragrance surprise they have yet to tada us with! Like my little mock-up, spiced apple? (Yes, yes, it's a mock up! And a good one at that, isn't it? I'm talented! And yes, how many people are going to kill me now cause spiced apple holiday method body wash doesn't exist? Yet! See, if we beg, it might one day!)

Of course this year's holiday line will probably be body free (since it's been finalized for ages now, I'm sure!) But imagine next year! What do you think? Do you love the idea? And am I the only person that finds the idea of stepping out from the shower smelling of crisp frosted fir dreamy? Cause, seriously, I do! Comment below! Let method know!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, first of all, you are SO talented - I never would have guessed that was a mock-up.

Second, I've got you beat - I was at Hobby Lobby last week where they were putting up 6 aisles of.... CHRISTMAS. Fall/Halloween? pfft, that's already on the clearance racks!

Nathan Aaron said...

OH MY WORD, Rebecca! That is seriously ridiculous! I mean, it literally almost IS Christmas in July. It's going to get to the point where retail stores just maintain a Christmas section year round. I swear it will.

BUT, moreso, what did you think of the holiday body wash idea? Yay, or nay? (Focus, Rebecca, focus! LOL Joking!)

Karin said...

you've got too much time on your hands my friend...too much time.

hmmm...i could maybe do spiced pear or apple...but hollyberry body wash...NO WAY! i have to say that i'm not a huge fan of holiday scents...i just think the scents are always way too sweet and icky. but i would still love to see method do something with clove... maybe clementine and clove...mmmm...

Anonymous said...

Yeesh, I saw Halloween Candy being shelved in the grocery store this weekend. It made me stop and question what month it was...AUGUST! Really, this is rediculousness!

kirby said...

That mock-up seriously made me freak out! I was way excited to see Holiday body wash. So I suppose my reaction is indicative of how I feel about this topic (um, that would be me feeling quite positive about this).

Lately I've been having the weirdest attraction toward anything and everything vanilla scented. I just ravaged through a 16 oz bottle of Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake 3-in-1 shower gel, I have three different huge vanilla soy candles burning in my living room... I would love to see a reincarnation of peppermint vanilla--a little less minty, a lot more vanilla-y. Like holiday baking while eating a candy cane!

Related Posts with Thumbnails