Sunday, January 25, 2009

lowes squared

Do you see what I saw in this photo? Well, I didn't really see it in the photo, as I was sorta there, live and all; but still... method squeaky green laundry products! I about fell over! A friend of mine recently told me (and I didn't know! Is that possible?!) that Lowes Foods, a grocery store chain, carries method products. We have one in town, as well as one near work, but I don't usually shop there (why? Hmm, I'm not really sure.) So one evening I stopped by the one near work, and around the personal care corner what do I spy, but an entire wall of method products! I was so excited! And, I found some things that Target isn't even currently carrying. They not only had the new squeaky green laundry line (complete with sweet water and rice milk + mallow detergent; but all three (including free + clear) laundry wet dryer sheets!) They also carry the new leather wipes in the flat pack, as well as foaming hand wash in french lavender (two things Target currently hasn't carried in quite a while!) The leather wipes are actually found in the cleaning section, a few aisles down from the big wall o' method (which was, as I said earlier, found in the personal care aisle. Why? I don't really know...) They also had 3-in-1 crisp apple squeaky green kids wash! Which Target ALSO doesn't carry! Oh, so many things! So little time!

+

AND, this isn't the only Lowes carrying a giant wall of method products! Lowe's (with the apostrophe,) the building supply store, has just put up a big end cap of method goodies! And even they're carrying the new squeaky green laundry line, as well as the leather wipes and foaming french lavender hand wash. (I haven't gotten a pic of their method wall, but if you happen to, send it my way and I'll post it here on method lust! Hey, I already had to sneak into Lowes Foods and snap a photo! What do you want from me, perfection? Well, ok, that would be great. But that'll NEVER happen, trust me...)

Looks like we're finally getting some more retail stores who have decided to carry a larger line of method products, like Target. (Though Target still has them beat, at the moment.) So next time you have a method lust, head on over to Lowes! Or Lowe's!

6 comments:

Karin said...

Turns out my local Whole Foods now has the ginger yuzu all-purpose spray and dish soap...yay! And...they also have all of the new laundry care items (although, i'm going to really miss all of the old wet drier sheet scents). My Target has been crap recently...CRAP I tell you (no holiday line...boo!)!

Nathan Aaron said...

Karin, does your Whole Foods still carry the old dryer sheet line? I know some readers have said they're finding them there, as well. Or just the new ones? I'm REALLY going to miss them, too. I loved those scents. Seriously, I think it's only a matter of time before method adds some scents to that new line. I mean, I know lots of people that just don't like sweet water, so that leaves us with baby marshmallow scent (which while lovely, isn't going to happen. LOL) or free + clear. So I'm hoping they introduce some more down the line...

Karin said...

Nate...I didn't see the old line of drier sheets...BUT the new line also has French Lavender scented clothes! I'm not a big fan of sweet water either, but I think I may try the french lavender when I run out of the old ones.

Nathan Aaron said...

Really?!? I hadn't heard of those! They must have just put them out! Ha! cool!

Sprockets said...

They have french lavendar in the new drier sheet line?!?!?!?! HUZZAH!

oooh, i found them on the method site, it is TRUE! http://www.methodhome.com/all-products/green-herbaceous/french-lavender/squeaky-green-dryer-cloths.aspx

i have been using the free+clear ones thus far.

so, i went to Whole Foods to find the old drier sheets and ginger yuzu hand soap. I found neither, but did find the newly packaged ginger yuzu dish soap and all-purpose spray, exciting! $5 each.

and then i found the original ginger yuzu hand soap at Big Lots - that was the only method product in sight. This is in Fort Collins, CO...

kaoticorchid said...

Oh, I wanted to write and tell you that I saw the free + clear laundry soap on clearance at my local Target the other day. It appeared to be the first markdown, and that they had pulled all of their back-stock and crammed it onto the shelf. Maybe Target will be getting the new laundry line in soon, too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails