Tuesday, March 24, 2009

clean sweeps


+ A couple bits of interest! First up, the pomegranate + tea and citrus cilantro candles seem to have hit $3.98 at most Targets! The catch? There is currently only one Target store near me that's actually caught onto this, and priced them accordingly! Every other store has them out with the updated wax formula candles, at apparently normal price. BUT run them under the price check machine...

interlude - (don't you just LUST those at Target! And you can actually find them easily, unlike at Walmart, where I'm huntin' and peckin' for a price machine for fifteen minutes?!? What the heck. I actually had someone working at Walmart tell me to go to a different price machine in the electronics section "because the ones on the floor don't always show you the right prices." As in, the ones put out there for the customers, right? Ok, makes sense to me! (Well, Walmart sense!) Whew, but do I digress...) - over!

So do a quick check on the pomegranate + tea/citrus cilantro candles, and snatch some up! (So far it's only the candles in these two fragrances that are being discontinued.)

+ method lust reader Jamison has passed along a great idea I hadn't even thought of! If you happen to notice your local Target is out of method candles (or at least your favorite scent! Some stores are running low!) Head on over to customer service, and get a rain check! That way, when the price goes back up, you'll still have some rain checks to use for $4.99! (Especially when the candles get restocked!) I'm not sure of the specifics, including how long rain checks are valid, but I thought I'd share the news! Thanks Jamison!

+ I've almost finished off my first new wax formula method candle, and will have a review up very soon! As well as a roundup of our latest method lust polls!

6 comments:

Karin said...

I went to my nearest Target over the weekend and I was shocked that there was only ONE candle in stock...and it was sweet water and we all know how I feel about that scent! But I couldn't believe there was just one lonely candle sitting there...the whole method scent section (my Target separates the method products into different sections) looked really sparse. It was pathetic.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Karin, my target totally sucks. I have been going there every 3 days for the past 2 weeks trying to purchase some plug ins and there is nothing on the the shelves. The only thing that are available are the aroma sprays and the aroma sticks. When I do ask when they are getting more method products I am told that they are not sure. So for 2 weeks now I have needed plug ins and I am tempted to just pay full price and order online at this point.

Jamison cOMBS said...

FYI: Target rain checks are good for 2 months.

Nathan Aaron said...

Jamison, I'm curious! I think you just have a really nice Target! LOL Cause I went the other night to get a raincheck on the lavender + lemongrass candle, asking how you'd go about doing this, and the woman said they'll only give out rainchecks if they're in the sales paper (which they weren't.) :-( Also, IF memory serves, you said you could get price adjustments for clearanced holiday products. But they told me they don't do price adjustments on clearance items, only sale items. So you just have a lucky Target! :-) I might try another one for the rainchecks... not sure!

Samira said...

I got the Sweet water scent in the new glass holder, and I still love the scent but hate the new holder! The wick already burned out yet I have a ton of wasted wax still in the glass bowl around the sides and the bottom. My old candle in the white holder didn't waste as much wax and last much much longer. I am sad because i LOVE the scent and the candle, but not in this holder.

Nathan Aaron said...

Samira, did you get the candle with the word SOY on the top (on the paper wrapper) or the words BREATHE EASY. (If you can remember.) The one with SOY had burning problems, so they just put out new ones (with BREATHE EASY on them) and they burn a whole lot better! I'll have a review up soon on the new candles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails