Thursday, December 18, 2008

our third (late!) poll finale!

It's (finally!) here! If you've noticed lately, method lust's third set of polls have recently closed! And I've (finally!) gotten around to compiling them for you, my dear readers (finally!) Uh, yeah, so I'm a little behind on this one, I realize. But hey, here they are (finally!) Ok, ok. I know, finally, alright? Geesh! Move on already! Don't you have holiday shopping to do or something? Ok, so take a look at the big results (finally!) Gah!

+

What 2008 holiday scents have you purchased?
FROSTED FIR - 39%
GINGERBREAD + SPICE - 9%
SPICED PEAR - 48%
TOASTED HAZELNUT - 27%
WINTER BERRY - 24%

Yeah, uhm, whoa! spiced pear and frosted fir blew everything else out of the water! (Secret applause from me! As these are my favorite two holiday 2008 scents! And I swear I didn't sway these results! Ha ha!) I'm always curious to know what scents will be making their holiday returns, and what ones won't. The only two holiday scents (to my knowledge) that have never made a comeback are snowy days, and mistletoe. So there's a pretty good chance that if you don't see your favorite scent during a specific year, it'll be back sooner or later. You think peppermint vanilla and hollyberry are gone for good? I'd definitely bet not! I'm just really happy spiced pear has done so well! I'm stocking up on that scent this year, just in case I have to wait a few years in-between, like last time!

I'm also noticing the method holiday scents are starting to dwindle, without restock. So if you have a favorite scent, I'd be buying some up, before they're all gone. (Though I know we're all secretly waiting for the after holidays sale! But there really isn't a Target near me when I head home for the holidays (we so live in the boonies!) So I have to think ahead!)

+

Which method product could you not live without?
ALL-SURFACE SPRAY - 38%
AROMA PILL PLUG-IN - 21%
AROMA SPRAY - 14%
BABY + KIDS LINE - 7%
BODY WASH - 9%
DISH SOAP - 19%
HAND WASH - 34%
LAUNDRY DETERGENT - 16%
SOY CANDLES - 17%
OTHER - 12%

Yeah, so don't touch people's method surface spray, or you'll be in trouble, mister! It gets the most lust! With hand wash coming in a very close second. Both products are part of method's founding line, so it doesn't come as too much surprise they get the bulk of the votes. The other item's votes seem to be matching how long the product has been on store shelves. Looks like there are some method items out there people still haven't tried out! (Go on, you know you want to try the squeaky green kids line! No, you don't have to be a kid, just one at heart!)

+

Are you part of the Plastic Bag + Paper Towel Challenge?
I'M WINNING! - 12%
NO PLASTIC BAGS - 56%
NO PAPER TOWELS - 9%
I'VE GOTTA HAVE PLASTIC BAGS - 4%
I GOTTA HAVE PAPER TOWELS - 27%
THIS IS HARD TO DO - 8%
EH, I'M JUST LAZY - 10%

Yay to no plastic bags (56%!) Boo to all you "I gotta have paper towels" people - 27%! Come on, you can do it. How many more speeches do I have to give. I know, I know. None, since you don't even read them anymore (proof of the fact, since I asked a question at the end of my last paper towel/plastic bag rant, and no one responded. Uhm-hmm, I know you didn't read it. For shame!) But hey, at least 10% are more than willing to straight up admit you're just plain lazy. I guess that's what makes anonymous polls so great! Ha ha! If you haven't started yet, go for it! 2009, and a greener you, awaits!

+

Which is your favorite scent type?
CITRUS - 20%
FLORAL - 10%
FRAGRANCE FREE - 5%
FRUITY - 10%
GOURMET - 14%
GREEN + EARTHY - 30%
HERBACEOUS - 18%
HOLIDAY - 29%
MINT - 26%
WATERY - 15%

Green + earthy makes the win! Holiday comes in an extremely close second! And uh, yeah, hello, I'd like to make a collect call to method? Yes, method? I'd like to let you know mint hit 26% with the third highest score in favorite scent type! Mint, people! Seriously, I'm shocked at that one! So yeah, method, more mint! What do we have? Eucalyptus + mint doesn't even count (doesn't smell like mint.) So we have refresh mint, and mint glass cleaner. Time for mo' mint, method! Yes, I'm so excited! Like my little poll where 26% of method lusters loving mint will result in more method mint products! But, I'm gonna dream anyway! Cause that's what I'm all about, dreaming big! Happy thoughts! Spreading lust and cheers! Wait, none of that is me... who is that? Word. More mint!

+

Aircare! Which is your lust?
AROMA RING (PLASTIC) - 4%
AROMA RING (BAMBOO) - 14%
AROMA SPRAY (W/CAP) - 7%
AROMA SPRAY (W/RING) - 20%
SOY CANDLE (CERAMIC JAR) - 20%
SOY CANDLE (GLASS JAR) - 31%
AROMA PILL (PLAIN) - 29%
AROMA PILL (NIGHTLIGHT) - 31%

Bamboo aroma ring would like to say something. "Ahem... (clearing throat)... you like me, you really like me! Thank you so much, I'd like to thank my agent, and my mom, and..." Anyone think the bamboo ring might replace the plastic one down the line? I mean, this poll preferred it big time! Many of the items, again, seemed to be chosen on newness of product. But most are close, while the aroma ring ran well, rings around it's former self! (The aroma spray did as well, but the original version was missing for an entire year (almost) so I chalk that up to many simply not being able to give the original capped version a try. What do you think?)

+

And that's that! Our third poll finale! Thanks to everyone for taking the time and voting! You're the best! I'm gonna take a short holiday break before rolling out brand new poll questions for the new year! So check back real soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, "Green + Herbaceous" and "Mint" came in at 30% and 26% and Method discontinued Eucalyptus Mint Candles and Aroma Pills.

Related Posts with Thumbnails