Tuesday, February 12, 2008

empty thoughts

So here you are, burning your favorite method candles, filling your rooms with all sorts of luscious scents, and you look over at your countertop and think "Man, what am I going to do with all those empty method candle containers?!" Actually, I'm curious, what are you going to do with those? I've seen some posts from blogland taking these ceramic containers and using them for coin jars (which is what I'm currently using an old Cinnamon Bark candle jar for, it works great!), votive candle holders, all sorts of things. In fact, recently a great friend of mine (we'll call him Sam, cause well, his name is Sam!) noticed I had like, a zillion of these (I burn through those babies fast!) and asked if he could have them? I said sure, what were his intentions? Well, he's using them as coffee tea mugs!

I think that's a great idea. I had cleaned them all out really well, and apparently he loves them! I can't think of any really big problems with this solution (if anyone directly from method is reading this, and thinks otherwise, please drop me a comment to this article.) method is after all an environmentally friendly company; so I can't imagine there's any sort of horrible things making up the simple ceramic containers. Other than getting your hands burned (cause there's no handle, and no cardboard sleeve! Wait, we could make our own cardboard sleeves! Or just reuse one from your favorite coffee/tea shop?) it all seems kosher to me. And I'm glad they're working out for him! Invite me over for coffee tea sometime, please!

So I'm curious what everyone else out there is using their empty candle jars and aroma reed diffuser bottles for after their intended purpose is over. Let me know, drop me a comment here! Email me a pic, and I'll post them to the blog! Right now I've got some beautiful lavender I picked from my backyard, and it's sitting so bonsai like in an aroma reed diffuser bottle. I'll see if I can't take a pic and post it up here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'm famous! I made it onto Method Lust! I love my (ahem) tea cups! They're just perfectly trendy and everyone wants one. Mine would only be better had Nathan (or Eric + Adam!) signed them... sigh...

Related Posts with Thumbnails