Saturday, November 1, 2008

scrubbed

Oh no! While roaming through Target today (50% off Halloween, baby! Oh, my aching teeth. Actually, no, I was good. I stared at the candy for like half an hour, going "a whole bag of Reese's cups, who wouldn't need those?!" While this Target employee kept coming around asking if I needed any help (If I told you the first six times over at the peppermint patty aisle that I didn't need any help, why are you asking me in the Reese's cup aisle? Hmm? Man, some people. They just don't get it when people stare at bags of candy trying to talk themselves out of such a great buy!) Finally he came up to me and said "Sir, put the bag down slowly, and step away." Ok, no, wait, he didn't do that, but I was imagining that would have happened sooner or later. Whew! But, uh, I did it! I ran for cover, and walked out with no bags of candy!)

Wait, wait. This was a method post, wasn't it? Oh ok, so sorry! So anyway, I roamed the method aisles, and guess what I found. The marine naturals sea minerals body scrub is being clearanced by Target. Boo! It was on first mark down at my store, so if you're a luster of the scrub, I'd run out and stock up before it's gone. After that, you're only luck will probably be the method home website. (As I don't think it's being discontinued. Just clearanced at Target.)

5 comments:

Sprockets said...

wow, that was fast. the big 2-story Target near me has never carried the marine naturals line that i have seen. er, i think they had some space for it at one point but were all out back i august. when i went for holiday stuff they didn't even have shelf space for it anymore. they do carry the complete creamy body care line though.

sadly, i think the marine naturals line was a bit of a bust. the scrub is nice but i do not like the overpowering scent. the bloq line was FAR superior, so rich and creamy, mmmm.
their new creamy line is nice, but the mature scents are boring to me, they do not take advantage of method's great fragrances.

the personal care line must be a really hard area for a cleaning product company to break into, thus they keep reinventing their line. which hurts them because there is no stability. i thought the bloq line was great, and it clearly has many fans. maybe the bloq packaging wasn't quite right for people new to method?

Nathan Aaron said...

Oh, I totally agree about the bloq line. IN fact, I bet if they repackaged the same product, in new packaging (because as MUCH as I lusted that square packaging, seriously, amazing! I think it was WAY too out there for your "everyday person") I bet it would sell really well! Mmm, green mint, I'm awaiting your return.

Seriously, though, it's odd all the Targets I hear that have never gotten the marine naturals line? What is up with that? You have a two story freakin' Target for goodness sake! Man, lucky you (minus the lame lacking of method products!)

Anonymous said...

Our target in STL is a 2-story building too. But...the ground floor is just parking. It's the only Target I've seen with a parking garage, but I guess they exist elsewhere too. It's kinda exciting cuz rarely do we get smart urban design here in St. Louis.

Oooooooooooooooh omg idea. We should hire method people to design new developments here. If they can do with a strip mall what they do with a bottle of dish soap...mmmmm

Anonymous said...

How are they being clearanced already and both of my local Targets haven't even gotten the line in yet? I guess it will be the same as my smarty dish experience. They were on the shelf on Sunday and by Wednesday or Thursday they had clearance stickers on them. Hopefully my local Target will get the line in sooner than later. In the meantime I guess that I will stick with the moisturizing line in the olive leaf scent.

Sprockets said...

Yes, I agree. I like the bloq packaging but it was probably a bit too out there for the personal care world. The marine naturals bottles are very nice! Too bad the bloq products were so much better ;)

I can't think of too many lines that sell both cleaning products and personal care products under the same brand. The biggies like Proctor & Gamble all have tons of different brands to saturate the market with. So I am guessing this is one reason that method keeps reinventing their personal care line, it is hard to break into...

You'd think a huge Target store would have tons of method right? It does have a nice big method section in the cleaning products quadrant of the store (yes, it's a quadrant!), right beside the other "green" brands. The personal care stuff is on the first floor mixed in with all the other body washes etc. the creamy line is completely stocked, and usual the baby/kids line, but not marine naturals. Go figure. Often I find more method stuff at the smaller Target stores...

Related Posts with Thumbnails