Wednesday, March 26, 2008

because I said so!

Oh my gosh, the new method baby personal care line is almost here! And I got news to dish! In fact, it's a baby AND kids line! And it's freakin' adorable!

Check out this great new line from method, expected in stores mid-April! First off, those bottles. They are in the shape of little people, with giant mouths forming the labels. OH... MY... WORD... I can't deal. It's just too cute. I find this packaging to be so inspired! It's excellent!
The kid line comes in Fuzzy Peach and Crisp Apple scents, and features 3-in-1 shampoo (shampoo! I'm thinkin' if they're making it for the kids, can adults be far behind! More on that in a bit...), and body wash! The 3-in-1 shampoo is actually body wash, shampoo + conditioner in one! It's 99% natural, pediatrician tested (does this mean they tested it on pediatricians?), and is hypoallergenic! The body wash is listed as a gentle cleanser, and also lists being 99% natural and hypoallergenic! Great news for sensitive skin!

The baby line consists of hair + body wash, bubbly bath (that is SO mine, I don't even care if it's for babies! We adults demand bubble bath, method! Demand! Well, pretty please?), diaper cream and body lotion! They come in Rice Milk + Mallow scent. These items are listed as gentle, non irritating, tear free, hypoallergenic, and pediatrician tested. All are 99% natural, with two exceptions, the body lotion and diaper cream are listed as 95% natural. I'm not sure what the 'non-natural" items are, but I'm sure given method they're still great! I'll see if I can get more info. on that. (*see below.)
Also, if you'll notice, the line is called squeaky green! Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar? HMM, really now? Seriously, the whole line looks great, and I've already called up and mentioned that my nephew, Jake, would be getting it ALL! (Ok, well maybe not ALL of it, since he's, well, not a baby anymore. But definitely the kids line!) So get prepared, throw out the old bath items (or just donate them nicely to someone else. Then tell them about the new method line, they'll run out and buy it, donate the items you donated to them, to someone else; they'll tell them about method, and before you know it, it'll be like a fruitcake, sent around the world, but as uh, donated bath cleansers. Ya know, always given, never used! Cause they'll be runnin' out to get this great new method line! Ok, yeah, just go with me on that one, alright?)

These sound great, I can't wait to check them out in the stores! Crisp Apple, you are so mine! (I mean, I'm buying that for little Jake, yeah, that's what I mean. Right, uh huh.)

UPDATE From Felicia, at method: That last 5% in the diaper cream comes down to a few things including an active ingredient called dimethicone; it works to heal any sensitive baby bottoms, but is not a naturally-derived ingredient. It's one of the times when we have to choose the non-natural ingredient for the greater good of our littlest advocates. Thanks Felicia!

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Hey Nathan,

Long time lurker, big time fan. I've even got your bunnies on my desktop here at method and it's well after Easter. :)

Anyway, that last 5% in the diaper cream comes down to a few things including an active ingredient called dimethicone; it works to heal any sensitive baby bottoms, but is not a naturally-derived ingredient. It's one of the times when we have to choose the non-natural ingredient for the greater good of our littlest advocates.

Nathan Aaron said...

Thanks Felicia! I'll add it to the blog post! And I'm glad you're enjoying the site! It t'wouldn't be, without you all!

melanemac said...

I wanted to leave you the message I received when I asked Method if there would be any baby wipes in the new kids care line.

Me: I've seen the information that a baby care line is coming out. Any chances of getting baby wipes added? Especially ones that are flushable?

Sarah (of Method): Let’s see, as far as our Baby Care line goes, no plans for wipes just yet; however, I will definitely forward your suggestion along to our Petite Pod Team in hopes that we can get something like this in the works soon… hope that helps!

I love that they are calling them the Petite Pod Team! I am so excited for this line...I can't wait!

Tracy said...

Any idea when Method Baby will be available in retail stores? I'm going to a baby shower this weekend and would LOVE to bring a basketful of the Method Baby items - I haven't used them (since I'm child free) but based on how fabulous the home products are I'm confident that they will be equally fab. My local BabiesRUs thought I was nuts when I asked them about it.

bokumbop said...

Am in LOVE with these methodkids products. I noticed them at Target over the last couple of months, my son has very sensitive skin but was balking at the cost of the "natural" kid's products at WholeFoods ($9 for bottle of J/A/S/O/N Kids Only Shampoo? And conditioner is separate? No thanks). I bought both the squeaky green and fuzzy peach, because I'm compulsive like that. I swear there is a part of me that is eternally 7-year-old girl, anything cute I want to buy.

By the way, what I do since the crisp green 3-in-1 is not available, WholeFoods carries a line of its own shampoos and conditioners, and I use the fragrance-free conditioner. That way no matter what shampoo is used, on sale, whatever, you don't have to buy the "matching" conditioner or worry about scents clashing. 'specially since it seems the shampoo always gets used at a faster rate than the conditioner!

bokumbop said...

Also - there is something very Miyazaki-esque about this bottle-creature. Like an earless Totoro. And rice milk scent for babies? Oh, I am so using that for future children ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails