Thursday, March 20, 2008

method 101

My great friend Sam willingly decided to become my method training guinea pig last night! Well, actually he was totally up for it, as he's been checking out this blog and I've been extolling the virtues of method on him for quite some time now! In fact one of the items he got from me this past Christmas was a method candle! So he was more than happy to have me drag him down the Target aisles and show off all the method greatness that was his for the taking! (or rather, purchasing. Purchasing! Taking = bad, purchasing = good!) At one point I made him sniff each hand soap fragrance (see the photo above. He loved it! No matter what he might say otherwise.) What we've learned about Sam and fragrances: he loves almond! (Wood For Good cleaner, here we come!)

We checked out every item (no joke!) smelling all the scents, looking at the great packaging (which he exclaimed a few times, especially with the floorcare bottles and the creamy hand wash "Look at this packaging, it's beautiful!" How right he is, how right he is!) We compared pricing and packaging sizes (such as with the laundry detergent) with other "Big Brand" versions. He really wanted to pick up the aroma sticks, but thought they were too pricey (which I completely agree with, in a manner, see this earlier post.) He decided for right now the two items he'd easily use the most, to start his "method makeover" would be the HE laundry detergent, and the omop (which he's requesting for his housewarming party. I think I might oblige!)


In a moment of madness, Sam decided he needed to pick up each and every cleaner method produced, and grabbed them all up at once! While I was all for it, he later came back to his senses and decided to start small for the time being. (Unlike me, who upon viewing the new end cap of method holiday, will inevitably run for a shopping cart, rush back and commence a massive arm swiping from the shelf of all the new products, swooshing them into my cart and deciding to not worry about how I'm going to pay for groceries for the rest of the month now; at least my house will smell wonderful! Good for you Sam, staying sensible! grumble grumble) Pondering for a minute what should be his first method purchase, he returned home with:


Green Mint body wash! (Ok, he was just going to get one of the body washes, and I pushed him towards the Green Mint, cause well, it's MINT! And we all know my thoughts on mint!) Thanks for the fun, Sam, I think we've got you on the method fast track! (And check out that nifty reusable tote he's got there!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! I'm excited to have come across it. ;)

Sam said...

I feel so special AND squeaky clean!

Related Posts with Thumbnails