Thursday, March 6, 2008

method retrospect


method aroma capsule

Every once in a while I'm going to take a look back at a wonderful method product that is no longer with us. (Please, stop that hysterical crying!) Today's product is the method aroma capsule. It debuted along with the original aircare line up.

The product was designed by Karim Rashid, and was a simple two piece "capsule" which stood on your countertop. The front and back pieces snapped together, and you placed two AA batteries inside, which ran a 3-setting mini fan. The mini fan would activate in intervals to release it's scent throughout the room. The scented refills available were eucalyptus + mint, sweet water, grapefruit + pear, lavender + lemongrass, and vanilla + apple. The color of the small "hourglass" shape on the front of the capsule corresponded to which scent you purchased (green for eucalyptus + mint, lavender for lavender + lemongrass, and so on.)

I thought these were an interesting idea (and I owned two of them.) But I never felt they released the fragrance as "potent" throughout the room as I'd want it to be, and felt the aroma pill was superior in this regard (and I have aroma pills all through my house. I love them!)

The aroma capsule was discontinued, and has been "replaced" with the aroma ring; which does a similar thing of not having to be plugged into an outlet; is free standing, and releases scent. The aroma ring does not require batteries, or a fan to spread the scent, making it a simplier to use product. But there will always be a special place in my heart for the cute capsule.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails