Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the proof is in the... cleaning spray?

I wish you could see these bottle images at a higher resolution! I'm going to check and see if I can't receive some "old school" pics (or should that be old skool? I'm so not hip and cool, I tell ya!) of method's original bottle line.

You see, not only has the design of the bottle progressed over time (it now has a square bottom; it used to be round) but the label has, as well. And the first run of their bottles (well, the first major run at least) had these great photo shots on them! Upon finding these images, I was taken back to the very beginning. Well, almost. You see, as I've said before, a couple early products have eluded even my grasp over the years (HOW is that possible? I don't know.) and they're sort of "Holy method Grail" to me. (Is that sacrilegious?)

Well, today I've found PROOF! Proof positive that the bottle I stumbled upon oh so long ago (and did not purchase, man! It was way before the whole "method mint dish soap in Target" moment for me. See my very first post on here.) was indeed bamboo kitchen cleaner! Look what I've found:

Kitchen Cleaner
This is the perfect after-cooking companion to tackle any food or grease mess. Use on countertops, stovetops, tabletops and even appliances and cabinets. Won't damage premium kitchen surfaces such as granite, marble or tile. This formula is safe for use around food prep surfaces or even to wipe down a table before serving a meal. A special surfactant formula breaks up and wipes away grease and food stains. Available in bamboo or grapefruit mandarin fragrances to leave your kitchen smelling clean, fresh and inviting.

And!...

Glass Cleaner
This might just become your new favorite glass cleaner. Why? Because we created a great non-streak formula without the obnoxious scent of ammonia. Available in either mint or coral fragrances. Cleans and shines glass, mirrors, chrome and other shiny surfaces.

Bamboo AND coral scent! Proof! (Well, by way of words! But still...!) I'm curious, did anyone pick these two scented sprays up when they were available? What did they smell like? Do tell! (And yes, I realize this post is getting really method nerd heavy, so I'm gone!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails