Tuesday, September 16, 2008

moment of lust - lil' bowl blu + le scrub

Ooh, I have this great new idea! (Ok, well, it's great to me.)

I'm gonna post a moment of lust every other week. At the end of the second week, I'll repost the previous moment, and have everyone give their results after using the product! The product, you ask? Yes, I'm gonna recommend a method product I just think you MUST go pick up now, now, now, and give it a try! Just the stuff I totally lust! That way you might give a certain product a try that you were wishy-washy on up until now (and trust me, I understand wishy-washy. I can spend fifteen minutes in the cereal aisle at the grocery store. Now that's some wishy-washy!)

The first moment of lust just happens to be lil' bowl blu, and le scrub. Don't worry, you don't have to buy them both! Just one or the other (unless you just feel like going crazy! Then get them both!) Seriously here, I'm loving some lil' bowl blu. It's SO easy to clean the toilet now, and it actually does smell spa fresh (and I'm gonna be really honest here, I'm not a fan of eucalytus mint, OR beach sage. Which is what this two products are scented with; a combination of both. But for some reason, I like the scent these products leave behind! It's great! Uh, but don't ask me why I like the combination, but not the separate scents. I'm weird, ok. Wait, we already knew that. A long time ago...)

Even better, the other day I had to do some definite touching up of the bathtub, so I grabbed my le scrub and went to work. Mind you, it's more work than spraying some Big Brand cleaner on your tub, walking away and letting it clean it for you. But then you still have your lungs left with the method le scrub, and again, it smells great! And it's not that difficult at all (ask a lazy person, ME!) And I finished the tub, and was really impressed that it was actually working! It was only the second time I had cleaned with the le scrub, and I really walked away surprised at the results this time.

So I'm asking you to give these two (either one, or both!) products a try, if you haven't already! Run out, pick the product up, and give it two weeks to try! Then, come on back on September 30th, and I'll repost this moment of lust and we'll see what everyone thought! Like the idea? Think you'll join in on the fun?

On your mark, get set, clean!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eucalyptus Mint is great. Le Scrub and Lil Bowl Blue - please - could you ask for more worthless overpriced cleaning products? No thanks. Not everything Method makes is worth it, and these two are not.

Nathan Aaron said...

Hmm, I don't know. Seriously, they've been working great for me! Why are you not impressed with them? What's missing? Just curious...

robertcraig said...

I don't do toilets.

Why didn't you start this with the new candles. HA HA!

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with the le scrub review - or at least, this has not been my experience with my porcelain sink or my bathtub (not sure what material it is on the tub).

I tried le scrub several times on both and it looked like it did nothing. The stains -- even with mega-elbow-grease and a scrubbing pad and letting the product sit -- did not budge. As bad as they are to use, I'm afraid bleaching agents (like comet) are the only things I have seen work on stains in sinks and tubs. Sure, le scrub smells great, and maybe it is "cleaning" the very surface, but it always looks as gross as I started with every time I use it. And I am a clean freak - we are not talking heavy stains. Just the typical coffee stains in the sink, etc.

I really hope Method improves this product because I would love to use it -- if it worked.

Anonymous said...

I've been using (and enjoying) both. I hafta get my beach sage fix in however I can. However, I have a newly remodeled bathroom so I haven't been able to test this out on any pre-existing hardcore goo. But both Le Scrub (and diligent use of the daily shower spray) and Lil Bowl Blu have done a good job of fending off the potential for goo accumulation.

Mainly, I'm bummed that Le Scrub no longer comes with the sweet little scrubby pad. :(

Anonymous said...

I like both of these products but if I ever had to choose I would go with lil bowl blue. Lil bowl blue leaves my toilet sparkling and smelling great and I have hard water and lil bowl blue cut right through those water stains in my toilet. I have used Le Scrub on my sink and my tub and it doesn't clean very well to me. I usually have to repeat my routine about 2 or 3 times before I get the clean I want. However, when I use the tub and tile spray on my sink and in my tub it cleans and sparkles the first time around and this is with using the same elbow grease as with Le Scrub. So when I clean my bathroom, I use Lil Bowl Blue and the tub and tile spray. These 2products work great for me and gives me the clean and freshness that I am looking for.

Karin said...

I'm a big fan of both. I have replaced my usage of SoftScrub with Le Scrub (yay!) and for me it works just as well and smells SO much better! And Lil' bowl blu is working fantabulously!

I'm surprised that 'anonymous' says it doesn't do anything for him/her/them. My bathroom was built around 1940 and I swear my tub is pretty darn old and le scrub cleans it very nicely...although I do have to use a scrubbing brush instead of the cleaning pad it comes with...but I think that's to be expected. I think these are some of method's finest products! :)

Anonymous said...

I just got a omop yesterday and I clean with it just a while a go. However, I was really dispointed with the outcome and the work. I don't know if this only happens with me, but I have a hard time using the omop; the thing is that I have to push really hard to mop my floor and the floor solution that comes with the package is half gone when I finish mopping. Any suggestion that I can improve my experience? I'm devastated for solutions. Thanks

robertcraig said...

Try squirting a little of the cleaner directly onto the omop pad before you start. When the pad is more wet it works better. Our entire house is hardwood from the 1920s. I swear by the ompo and good for wood. It is clean without chemicals and residue.

The omop was the last Rashid design...

stephanie j. said...

I can't say enough wonderful things about Le Scrub. I have slightly off white Corian sinks throughout my home. The kitchen sink had an awful tomato stain in it that even nasty softscru** didn't get out. I even tried straight bleach to bleach it out (Corian recommends this). Guess what got it out...Le Scrub. I use it daily now and my sinks are gorgeous.

I do like the way Lil Bowl Blue works and smells, and I continue to use it 80% of the time; however we live in a very hard water environment and I have to use a de-scaler the other 20%. Unfortunately I go for the hardcore stuff once in a while or else we'd have an unsightly ring. I have tried draining the bowl by pouring a quart or two of water in (promise you, it works) and scrubbing with Le Scrub, and it does help get the ring down a bit.

Anonymous said...

I love love love Method Le Scrub! We buy them 4 at a time. I use it in the bath, the toilet, to scrub pots and pans...happy stuff.
Most definitely one of my fave method products!

Related Posts with Thumbnails