Tuesday, September 30, 2008

secret stash

Alright. Give it up. Let us know! Hey, hey, you. What's the biggest method secret stash you've currently got locked away in your house. You know what I mean. That amazing collection of discontinued, never again to be purchased, used only in case of emergency or nuclear disaster method products you've hoarded away over the years. We all have a holiday candle here and there, or a bowling pin dish soap bottle put away cause it just rocks so! But I mean the biggie! The thing you're actually kinda embarrassed that you've actually purchased THAT many of something you so didn't need, but just had to have in back stock, cause you know, that's all there is!

So dish, what's your secret? (Psst. Come a little closer. Mine? Ok, sigh. I actually have seven containers of bloq green mint shaving cream, ten containers of bloq green mint body wash, and oh dear, ahem... ten, yes ten, fig candles. But but, they aren't making fig anymore! And it's so great! And...and I mean, well, but you know, I just had to and... oh, ok... moving on.) - Your turn.

9 comments:

Karin said...

You do know these things expire after a while? Like that shave cream will smell funky and look funky after a year (give or take a few months). The candles will last though. And speaking of...I would STEAL some of those fig candles from you! I am sparingly using my last one. Thankfully the paddywax fig candles went on sale at anthro and I have two of those too!

Nathan Aaron said...

Karin, what is your goal here, to make me cry?? :-) Actually, HA HA, then it's perfect. Cause that shaving cream and body wash will last me about one year. (I've already figured it out. lol How sad!) so I'm right on target for a perfect ending! I did ask once about the whole expiration thing, and was told most items would last two to four years (depending on the item) but coloring might change, etc. I have them all in this dark closet, so no light can touch them!

Fritz said...

I'm hoarding anything with the "cut grass" scent ......

melanemac said...

Even though it will be coming out again this holiday I have about 10 bottles of the pear countertop spray. I really wish it was the peppermint vanilla though as I'm going to really, really miss it and I'm on my last lonely bottle of handwash right now...

Anonymous said...

I hoarded pumpkin spice hand wash like it was going out of style (oh wait, it did) but apparently have used the last of my supply. Currently I'm hoarding anything cut grass or beach sage. And I still have zillions of the frosted cranberry candles. Yummm.

Anonymous said...

I've got about nine or ten of the ginger-yuzu handwash refills. I use them to refill my foaming handwash bottle (mixed with a bit of distilled water). I love this scent more than anything, and stocked up before they went bye-bye.

I might have to do something similar soon with the dryer cloths in the nectarine blossom scent, which smells like the perfume my mother used to wear when I was younger. It's so comforting to me now.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I've hoarded so far is the Gingerbread Spice aroma spray. Had I known that Fig would be discontinued, I would have bought a 10-year supply. (And if I ever figure out how to get my hands on any more Fig spray or candles, you can best believe I'm buying it by the case!)

Anonymous said...

Method Fig Candles-try Big Lots.
They tend to carry some of the discontinued lines.
;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, rebecca! I trekked down to the nearest Big Lots last weekend, but they didn't have any method. :( (and boy, was the store a mess!) But now that you've mentioned it, I will make it my personal mission to check ALL of the Big Lots in my area!

Related Posts with Thumbnails