Monday, October 13, 2008

detox fun!

Apartment Therapy Chicago has a cool write-up on a recent method detox Chicago party! (I'm SO jealous! Man, how I wish I could go to these parties!) Check it out!

"Last Friday, I attended the first Method detox party held in Chicago. The San Francisco-based Method team is now on a nationwide tour, launching temporary pop-up stores and hosting parties at homes. When I arrived to my friend Roni's condo (she was selected as one among numerous host hopefuls), I was greeted by the Method team who offered signature pink grapefruit martinis, passed hors d'oeuvres, and lots of product placement throughout Roni's home.

Every room I went into, there were relevant Method products - for kitchen and bath, hardwood, baby, etc. At the end of the night each of us was sent home with a shopping bag full of those products, coupons, an American Apparel t-shirt, and a promo pack on the company's philosophy.

Although I have gone in and out of using Method products for years (not because I didn't like them, only because I'm not as much a creature of habit as I would like to be), the non-hard sell has piqued our interest and admiration in this company again. Plus, the great thing about this type of advertising is that it's all word-of-mouth..."

Head on over to read the rest! (And see a couple more pics.)

(Check it out, that's The Great Sarah on the far right, I'm sure giving wonderful method product tips!)

+

Hey, did you have a method detox party? Present (Chicago) or past? If so, send me a review, and some pics, and I'll post them here on method lust! Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails