Sunday, October 5, 2008

going soft sell...

You know, I think I learned something today? Perhaps "shouting it from the rooftops" doesn't, well you know, always work? Perhaps whispering it on occasion might bring you bigger success. Case in point...

So, I'm all one for pushing some method products on my friends and family. In fact, I'm sort of starting to worry about over doing it a bit. Like if I don't mention method in at least one conversation I have with my friends, they will both a) wonder what's wrong with me, and miss the mention but/and b) be SO sick of hearing about method, scream and never invite me to anything again! I think it's all in my head, though. There are lots of scary things up there, trust me. Why not fit in one more. There you go, all nice and snug. Now, don't go fighting up there. I don't need any more headaches. The headaches make the boogey men appear... ALRIGHT, where were we?

And honestly, I haven't made a winner yet. Oh, a few of my friends have given it a fleeting glance, but no hard hitters. What's a method luster to do? Well, maybe mentioning SOMETHING about method HERE or THERE but barely at all will do the trick, eh?

I have this one friend, Ronnie. We go to church together, and will usually eat lunch afterwards. I'm sure on a few times I've mentioned method to Ronnie during these times (cause, again, when do I NOT mention method?) but seriously, Ronnie is one, well, uhm, sorta kinda stuck in his ways type of guy. He's great, don't get me wrong. But he does what he does, and that's that. So imagine to my surprise when a month or so ago, we're talking for a bit on the phone, and he mentions he's gone out and purchased some method hand wash and soap bars. Wha? I'm sorry, we must have a scratchy connection, I thought you just said... and he did! But but, I never even gave you the hard sell? I didn't even consider... cool. He told me after mentioning this, that it better be good, or else!

So today, we're sitting in church, talking all sorts of church things (otherwise known as: not church things!) and he says to me, out of the blue "Well, you've got me totally hooked on method products!" And I'm like, SERIOUSLY?! And he says "Yes. I've purchased the laundry detergent, and the dish detergent in go naked, and I love the soap bars! They're so great!" And I'm just in awe! Excited awe! Someone actually got hooked onto method, because I (barely) mentioned it to them!

Ok, what's the lesson here? Speak softly and carry a big stick? No no, that's not it. Today is the first day of the rest of your life? Well, nah, that's not it either. Hmm...

OH, I got it. "Never, never, never give up." Thank you, Winston Churchill!

+

So, who have you converted into a method luster? Tell us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just converted a good friend of mine. I ordered the 7 piece detox your home kit from hsn.com in french lavendar and gave it to her for her birthday and she loved it. The following week was the christening of her baby and I gave her the method baby squeeky green gift set from Toys R Us and she is totally in love with method now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails