Thursday, April 24, 2008

green with squeaky envy!

I am SO jealous! I mean, J.E.A.L.O.U.S. Gareth Kay recently made his trek to the Detox Boston "pop-up" store, and gives a complete account of his adventure, with lots of amazing photos! Man, he is lucky! The post begins:

"Finally got down to Method's Detox Boston space (I can't bring myself to say pop up store) on Newbury Street (it's open until the end of the week so if you're in Boston get down there).

I've written before about how much I love this brand - big social mission beyond it's category, great design, built from the product up, etc. - and the store was a great way to bring it to life.

Lots of great stuff - hand cream you can only get hold of it you bring in harmful home cleaning materials to be disposed of; stuff being sold as sets in their 'plastic bag' rehab reusable bags (so of course I felt obliged to)

But my favorite thing was the cleaning confessional, where you wrote your confession for a confessional that was a photo machine. Photos were left on the wall (including confessions from the founders)..."

Read the rest at his site, Hello My Name Is Brand New, and drool!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails