Monday, April 7, 2008

what's in a price?

I've already been told by a couple of people that the method moisture line is starting to show up in Target stores, slowly. As you'll recall, the new personal care line consists of body wash, and body bars.

The prices are looking to be around $7.50 a piece, in Target stores. And for some, that's a bit steep. The original personal care line went for around (if I remember correctly) $4.99; while the bloq body line went for $5.99 for most items. One thing to keep in mind is, while the original line held 15 oz.; and the bloq line held 12 oz., this new line holds a whopping 18 oz. So you're definitely getting your money's worth, but at the same time, it may turn some shoppers off.

I noticed, over at Kohl's, they carry this line called Grassroots. It's pretty great, I've only purchased the shampoo, and the reason I purchased this was a) it was mint! (of course!) and b) it was being clearanced (of course!) It came in a 16 oz. size, and went for (originally) around $18. What I didn't realize, though, was they were not actually discontinuing it, but instead re-released it in a smaller, 8 oz. bottle, for $9. You should be able to do the math on that one. I really think it was a price point issue, and people get held back at a certain level. But the larger bottles mean less packaging, which would be great for the environment. I'll be interested in seeing how this line does, with the higher (but still getting your money's worth) price point.

I did also just recently notice (as everything, food, gasoline, etc. is going up!) that method's spray cleaner line at Target has gone up around twenty cents. Not sure about the other products as of this post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails