Thursday, April 10, 2008

it's here, it's here, it really is here!

No more phooeying for me! I stepped into Target last night, and what before my wondering eyes did appear (ok, ok, I know, Christmas is so over! But it's only 259 days 'til Christmas 2008! Stop, stop throwing fruitcakes at me, I'm just the messenger! Ok?!) Uh, anyway, I don't know how we got onto Christmas, but the new method products were out! YAY! But you know, finding new method products is just like Christmas, don't you think?

The entire moisture lounge line was out and on display, Olive Leaf, White Tea, and Almond Flower body wash, and body bars. I'll be very curious to see how it sells. I did do a little price research while I was there, and the only other body wash that was selling for the $7.49 price (which is what method's new line costs; but you get a gigantic 18 oz!) was Aveeno. All the remaining items were around $5.99 or less (including a humongeous 23.6 oz. Oil Of Olay body wash!) so I'm very curious if people take to the (what I believe is) more product, less repeat purchasing = less packaging/shipping, but at a slightly higher initial price. Anyway, it looks and smells great!

And sitting right next to them were the method kids squeaky green line! Now, in true Target style, they are (at least at my store) only carrying three items, both body washes, and the 3-in-1 shampoo in fuzzy peach (not crisp apple.) WHY Target does this is beyond me? But hopefully these items will be sold in other stores, as well; and we won't have to worry about purchasing them online.

Oh, the "people bottle" as I've been calling it, it's a cute "animal!" Animal is in quotes, cause I"m not sure what kind it is exactly; but it has a cute knobby tail, and whiskers, when you get up close to the packaging! So awesome! And since the packages squeeze from the bottom, they are sealed up with a special plug to prevent leaking; making it difficult to smell the great scents. But never fear, method has put scratch and sniff stickers on the bottoms of the bottles! How clever is that! I love it! Crisp apple smells just like it's name. MAN, it smells great! Fuzzy Peach was a little different from what I expected, but still smells wonderful! It sort of reminds me of a peach/vanilla mix. It's not a true clean peach smell. Both rock! They go for $6.99 each. As of this post, the method baby line was not in the store. It looks like the kids line will be in with the adult body wash, while I'm thinking the baby line will be in the baby wash aisle (since they have an entire separate area for this, at Target.) I checked it out, but no go. But I just know that bubbly bath will be in, very soon!

Check them out, they're on their way! And let me know what you think of the great new products!

2 comments:

Stephen Parker said...

If you calculate price per ounce, the bloq line was more expensive than the new moisture line, so no reason to complain for method lusters (not that we would.) I have four (soon to be five) Targets I frequent (based on where my errands take me.) You have me curious about which parts of the kids line are being sold at each. The only one to get the lines in stock and on the shelves is selling both body washes, and crisp apple 3-in-1. Funny how different each Target can be. I have things I buy that I can only get at one specific Target in the area, because two don't carry it, and one charges $1.00 more. You would think these stores would be more uniform (at least in the same city.)

melanemac said...

So, I went today and found the new products. I have to say though...I am very disappointed at the price, 10 ounces for $6.99 is way more expensive then any other product, except perhaps speciality store products. I had planned on buying this for all my mommy friends to get them "hooked", but not for that price...I'm not sure I can even recommend it to them for that. I mean the "adult" wash is almost twice the size for the same price. What gives? On the plus side...it does smell very yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails