Wednesday, April 23, 2008

in with the new

NEW

OLD

Take a closer look at method's new site, and you'll notice something big! They've redesigned a majority of their package labels! From cleaning sprays, to creamy hand wash; it's been relabeled. You can see an example of the old and new cleaning spray labels above. What do you think? Is it an improvement? Too simple? Perfect? Liked the photo style labels? Give your opinion!

An interesting note - method is known (at least to me) for using lots of lowercasing. I mean, take a look at the method profiles, those people even write in lowercase! I think it's a career requirement over there! Ha ha! So it's surprising to me that all the titles on the new labels are in caps. Perhaps to make them more immediately noticable? You'll also notice some new terminology on select products. The method glass cleaner is now called 'best in glass', replacing 'blue sky'. And 'all surface' replaced the term 'all purpose' on the cleaning sprays. - Just some FYIs.

Look for more detailed posts concerning the new packaging, and site soon.

4 comments:

Stephen Parker said...

I like it. So many other companies have coppied the method label style, it lost its method "uniqueness." I like the overall unity of the new styles.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I think I actually prefer the old packaging. But either way, I'll still use it!

Anonymous said...

Love the product! I do like the new packaging a lot. :-)

stephenjames716 said...

I think I'll like the new packaging eventually. Right now I think I still prefer the original. The new one seems colder, and not very "methodesque."

Related Posts with Thumbnails