Friday, April 11, 2008

designed by us!

NOTE: Ok, I'm digging up a previous post I did about a week ago, simply because I can't believe there were no comments! Now I know you have opinions towards this (oh might i just say GREAT idea!) or do you think otherwise? Let me know! I'm curious! We're all curious! Even George is curious!

Hey! Here's a great idea (well, I sure think it is) I wanted to throw out to everyone. Since we've been discussing method scents we'd love to smell in future products, as well as new special edition items; how about another thought! method scented products designed by you!

Would that not rock! Yes, yes it would. Just trust me on this! Here's how it might work. You know M&M's right? Well, they came up with this great idea, where you could make your own designer M&M's, in any color (well, almost, anyway!) The only thing was, they cost a bit more than your average package of M&M's. But it's still really cool! Your best friends favorite color in M&M's, for their birthday, or a party, etc?

Ok, ok, I know. Enough with the chocolate, get to the goods! (What, we're done talking about chocolate? What is your problem? I mean, it's chocolate!) Well, what if method did something similar? What IF they created, like a method luxe line, purchased online only, and you could choose from a listing of products (say hand wash, spray cleaner, candles, etc.) and also, from a list of scents. But these might be scents created only for the luxe line, AND discontinued scents! I could, gasp, actually order a Lemongrass candle! (Oh my word, I'm having heart palpitations! That WOULD be uh, yeah, HEAVEN!) Or perhaps Green Mint spray cleaner, and on and on.) Now, these would definitely come with a bigger price tag, and you'd have to realize it's a fun, special, splurge on yourself purchase for the "rarity" of it all! One of those "because I'm worth it!" kind of things. But would that not be the best! A fancy line, available online, of select products with special/and discontinued scents you could put together, and purchase, that you otherwise might never see from method!

What do you think? method, designed by you! (And me, and him, and her, and that person over there, and the cute guy in the corner, and...)

1 comment:

Stephen Parker said...

It's a fascinating concept. I failed to comment before because I doubt I would ever use it (oh, ok. maybe one time. would it look weird to put method luxe on my Christmas wishlist?). I rarely order things online, except for tat brief ebay obsession that still haunts me. My "would't it be fab" idea is the method boutique. Imagine, one day in the future when method makes everything from aircare to foot cream, being able to go into a small, method only shop. It could include a recycling and vermicompost center in the front, a product refill bar in the back, and isles of method in between. Your idea is more executable, so we'll hope for it first. I want an entire line of peppermint vanilla, please. Where do I sign?

Related Posts with Thumbnails