Tuesday, April 15, 2008

military mama goes method

Here's a wonderful blog article about a military mama (hence the name of her blog) as she decides to go green, which includes using method products!

"At the start of the year, I posted about my New Year's Resolutions. Well for once, I am actually sticking to them! I'm very excited about the changes that are happening in my life. It feels awesome to know that I am really following my heart towards the bigger picture. I have always been a lover of the short term goals with longer term goals always eluding me. Not this time!

Going Green has really been my major goal this year and I'm happy to report I am doing what I can to help the environment.

I don't have the money to just toss everything I have and replace it all so I've been doing it product by product. Method has really been taking over my house. I totally love that they are so affordable! I mean really affordable! I don't feel any guilt about spending my money [it happens on a small budget, for good or bad purchase reasons] because it's the same price, if not cheaper, then what I already spend. So far I have
*the All Purpose spray in Hollyberry
*Dish Soap in Peppermint Vanilla [my NEX is fully stocked still with the holiday scents still]
*the Aroma Pill in Lavender Lemongrass and a refill in Vanilla Apple
*I have Lil' Bowl Blu
*Eucalyptus Mint Flushable Wipes
*the Ylang-Ylang Daily Shower Spray
*Wood for Good furniture polish wipes
*foaming hand wash - sea minerals

I'm loving Method! I'm looking forward to the full body care line in August....How do I know about that? Check out Method Lust.

Adding to my Green-ness, I use Clean Well hand wash downstairs. It's ultra safe to use with kids and babies and since Emma like to teeth on my hands...it just makes me feel safer about what my kid puts in her mouth.

I have a nice collection of reusable bags going on. My Commissary on base sells them for 70 cents a pop! I have 5 of those and it holds all my groceries. Did you know JCPenny is selling reusable bags too? I bought one for 80 cents on Military Appreciation Day at the Mall [when I got my new dress to wear for Hubby when he comes home]. I also got a free reusable bag the same day from one of the local papers.

I also am finding a habit of my Dad's sneaking in on me [I know realize even more how awesome my dad truly is]. He would always bring home the groceries in paper bags and then line them up in the kitchen to use as garbage bags. How cool is my Dad? Been doing some Green for years and I didn't even know it. After all paper bags break down, plastic not so much. Now when I forget or don't have enough bags with me I ask for paper.

I'm still trying to find a Greener affordable garbage bag. I have found Greener but at way too much of a price. Until then I am using 7th Generation garbage bags. Recycled plastic is better than new plastic.

My biggest change, I think, it my switch to gDiapers. I am loving them! They do require a little more work then disposable diapers but it's worth it. Plus the little g's look so cute on Emma! More to come on my gDiaper love! I'm looking forward to being even more Green. I can't wait for products to run out so I can replace them with better stuff. Like Charlie's Soap for my laundry but since Justin bought what we have now at Cost Co it will be awhile. I'm going to do something for Earth Day to celebrate too. It will be one big party since Emma will be 6 months old the same day!

My favorite part of Going Green? My Sister-in-Law called me today telling me how she bought some reusable bags for her groceries cause of my influence! Go sis!

Every little bit helps!"

1 comment:

Skippin' Rope said...

Wow! I'm so totally honored! Thanks so much! I love your blog and read it daily.

Related Posts with Thumbnails