Wednesday, April 2, 2008

what's it all mean? (uh, I don't know)

My latest odds n' ends news on a recent trip to Target. Usually I'll try to make sense out of everything (such as hand soap refill pouches on clearance, perhaps because of the new design; but then not all of the pouches are on clearance, so perhaps some scents are being discontinued. But then the pouches of certain scents are priced down, but the regular hand wash bottles in the same scents aren't, so see, it all doesn't make much sense.) So for the time being, I'm going with these as being Target clearances, and not necessarily method discontinued products/scents, unless otherwise noted.

Whew, with that out of the way! (And I'm telling you what, I'm going to start bringing a camera to Target! method hasn't updated their online store site in a while (but I believe a big push isn't too far away, as they stated the new bathroom line would be up there at the beginning of April. (How many parentheses within parentheses can we do here? (As many as we want Nathan, as many as we want.) But I keep seeing things I want photos of on here, and never have a camera.) Anyway, on to the latest from Target.

The Green Tea + Aloe, and Ginger Yuzu (no, not Ginger Yuzu! You know I wasn't really into it that much, but it has really grown on me; and this is one scent I do think is being discontinued here) hand soap refill pouches are on clearance.

The Ginger Yuzu foaming hand wash is on clearance. And the regular hand wash has not been restocked in quite some time, so... sniff sniff!

The bloq line has hit it's second price reduction (Oh, something else to keep in mind. I learned this a while ago, and it's surprising to me. Each Target store is responsible for their own clearance prices. So that's why, take my stores for example, one store is already on it's second price reduction on the bloq line, while another store has yet to even clearance them out! Odd, isn't it! But that's how they roll with the punches over at Target, I guess.) BUT the shaving cream has still not been clearanced! I'm thinking (hoping, praying!) that they might stick it out, at least until the marine naturals line appears in August. Either way, I hope shaving cream stays on method's product line-up!

And the entire wood for good line looks like it might be getting a face lift! The wood for good almond spray has a brand new sticker label. It now has a new wood grain design, and says "NON TOXIC + CLEAN" like the new bathroom items. These might be call-outs method is beginning to use, to make consumers more aware.

There ya' be!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Nathan- You truly crack me up and bring a giggle to my day! :) I am also very fond of method products...yet I find myself getting really frustrated with them from time to time (as I see you do too!). That really sucks about the Ginger Yuzu scent! I have a Ginger Yuzu foaming hand soap in my linen closet ready to make it's bathroom sink debut...and now you're telling me it may be a one-hit wonder (at least in my bathroom)?! This is what frustrates me the most, I find a scent that I LOVE (e.g. the fig line) and then it's gone!

And I don't know about you, but all of the air sprays are gone from my Target. I really like the cut grass scent...it reminds me of summer!

On another note...just purchased Le Scrub last week and used it last night...delightful! :)

Nathan Aaron said...

Check a previous post here on method lust concerning the air sprays, if you haven't already. They've been recalled. I'm really missing them, and wonder if we'll even seem them this spring/summer? The aircare line just looks so sad right now at Target. Even the special edition scents didn't get populated throughout all the aircare line. Here's hoping the sprays are back real soon! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! I'm going to post exactly on what you've just said, as well. I've read from quite a few distraught people concerning method's quick "death sentences" on their scents and such... (though to give them the benefit of the doubt, fig was a special edition Fall scent. But I loved it SO! (And I hear it ain't coming back, maybe ever. sniff sniff.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails